Key Whakker

Ken Jankura kenrpt@cvn.net
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:15:34 -0500

I also use one, but why some people would make it heavy is beyond me. As if
your arm doesn't weigh enough. Also, the technique of a quick wrist flick
almost assures that you can break hammer shanks or keys at will :-)  Mine is
wood, 3/8" by 3/4" by 5" with hammer felt on the end. The rectangular shape
is useful to orient it in your hand so you can turn it a little and have
better aim at the sharps. I don't tune without it. My fingers used to get
really sore, not anymore. It's attached with elastic and allows me to play
intervals or music at any time. Sometimes I'm so happy to be using it, I
break into song.
Ken Jankura RPT