Termites!

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:35:19 EST

In a message dated 02/05/2001 12:54:43 PM Central Standard Time,
jonpage@mediaone.net writes:

> The termites live in the ground and have to return there for water.
>
> If their water supply has been cut off, they can not survive.
>
> Unless you actually see activity, they have left the building.
>
> Jon Page

Again, except for drywood termites which do not live in the ground, they can
survive without returning to the earth, they can live exclusively in the wood
and can be hard to control with fumigation being the most effective
treatment.
If you call around to some pest control companies there may be someone who
can fumigate the piano (if needed).
 I have a feeling that this is old damage caused by subterranean termites. It
sure won't hurt to have it looked at by a professional.
There are some companies who will fumigate furniture, pianos and so on by
putting them in a container.
good luck,
David Koelzer
DFW