Aliquots

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:02:42 EST

Newton:

I've used 3/8" brass stock quite successfully in my shop. You can either cut
it on a band saw (be prepared to change blades!), or better yet grind a
length on a wheel close to but just greater than the thickness (height)
required; then take each piece cut to length to the belt sander with fine
paper and take off what you need, measuring often. Depending on your plater,
you may want to take 5-7 mils off of the given dimension to accomodate
plating. The math on this is easy. You really don't have to worry about the
width as much as the height, although you don't want a starting circular
measure that will end up creating more contact of string on aliquot than the
original.
Paul Revenko-Jones