Disklavier quirk?

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:14:33 -0600

I just discovered this afternoon, and someone please correct me if
I'm wrong, that the new disklavier grands with the silent gear
require that the silent mode be ON when the action is replaced or the
brackets in the treble for the silent rail will jam against the jack
adjusting rail on the side of the stack and the two will not go on.
This was a call from a puzzled customer with a brand new piano that
would not shut up, as far as I can tell it left the factory that way
and got no attention at the dealer (of course). This was the first of
the new ones I've seen and boy does it have all the bells and
whistles. Anyway, wanted to let you all know about the silent oddity,
any one else run into this?