Off Topic - Info on Plotters

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 15:13:01 -0700

<<<Off Topic>>>

Howdee,

I have gotten a hold of a couple of plotters from the university surplus
department.  I've gotten to be buddies with the gentleman in charge who
has been scrounging up various surplus computer equipment for me.  Kind
of a new Diddle-O-Round hobby.  Anyway, they got a few old plotters in
from the drafting people in the architecture department.  One is an HP
"Draftmaster" model 7595A.  The other is made by "Optical Computer",
model 928.

I thought it might be fun to get one of these working to play with.  So
far it SOUNDS like, (from limited research), they are very old and
obsolete.  They are designed for drafting and not for graphics.  Does
anyone no anything about these things?  They are pen plotters, which I
understand these days have been pretty much replaced by color print
heads.  I understand the pens are rather pricey.  Any info on these old
things would be appreciated.  Trash or treasure??

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV