Dyna2 stripper, more results

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:53:23 -0500

Jon Page wrote:

> What's the big deal about having to apply two coats anyway?

cost! I don't know where you bought the other stuff but it was less than half the
cost per gallon than the DYNA2.

> The caustic material required at least that many coats to remove some finishes
> plus the wash is toxic and expensive.
>
> The low level toxicity in and of itself would seem to me to make three
> coats acceptable.
>
> Even if it takes a little more time, so what; caustic materials rob you of
> precious time by
> shortening your life. Repeated exposure to harsh chemicals. . . you know
> the story.

Well, I'm not sure how everyone else has their shop set up but it seems to me that
if one were to set up a room with clean air entering from one direction and
exhausting from the other (kind of like a spray booth) that the toxicity to my
lungs is quite manageable. Disposal and toxicity to the environment is quite
another.  I'll have to give this more thought.

--
Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté