It's Gonna Be Good..slightly OT

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 07:24:35 -0800

Terry,

I'm not nitpicking.  I just don't think you did them or yourself a favor.  I get
requests like this, too, but I charge enough so that the difference between
buying the part(s) and doing the entire job makes the latter option more
attractive.  In your case, for example, I would probably have charged around $50
for the string and another $30 if they wanted me to install it.  If they decided
they wanted to save the $30, the $50 would at least cover the "consulting"
costs.

Paul