Lowell guage

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:16:32 -0600

>My plans are to string the plain wires, bring it up to about one step flat
>and then adjust the down bearing.  What angle in the different sections
>should I shoot for under those conditions?
>It's easier to adjust before installing the bass strings.  Then I'll string
>the bass and do likewise.
>
> Your recommendations and comments welcomed.  Thanks.
>
>Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG

First - insert disclaimer here. That means that this isn't necessarily
right, but what I'd do. With the original board, I wouldn't load it all
that heavy. Maybe 1/3° in the low tenor, up to about 1 1/4° at the top end.
Somewhere in that range. With the roll pins, you can always change it if
you want to experiment a little, but that's about where I'd start.

Ron N