SAT III bass tuning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:28:34 -0500

Hi Terry. This is something I have always wanted to try, but have not done
so. I have been using my DOB/aural-adjusted FAC calculation for the bass.
Would you care to share the nuts and bolts of your method? Thanks.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "pianolover 88" <pianolover88@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 12:53 AM
Subject: SAT III bass tuning

I'm wondering how many SAT III users tune with FAC (either canned or fresh)
for plain strings only, then "direct tune" the bass. I've compared the FAC
derived strecth tuning for the bass, with direct tuning, by going into the
"tune" mode, then tuning the bass with the  octave 5th & double octave 5th
(above the bass note to be tuned) as a reference note. It seems to be a more
accurate method, especially in poorly scaled pianos.

Terry