SAT III bass tuning

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:53:35 -0800

I'm wondering how many SAT III users tune with FAC (either canned or fresh)
for plain strings only, then "direct tune" the bass. I've compared the FAC
derived strecth tuning for the bass, with direct tuning, by going into the
"tune" mode, then tuning the bass with the  octave 5th & double octave 5th
(above the bass note to be tuned) as a reference note. It seems to be a more
accurate method, especially in poorly scaled pianos.

Terry