Aural or ETD, Which is Best? (kinda long)

Don Rose drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:57:25 -0600

Hi Terry,

The one "flaw" in your analysis of Aural vs ETD is that pianos are no where
near as perfect as the Etd's. The well tuned aural piano (assuming the
"best" aural techniques) is always going to have an something to offer that
the best Etd's approach on near perfect pianos. Etd's offer a wonderful
"smooth curve" tuning. Some pianos don't like it. Verituner takes a little
different approach--but never having used one I can not speak for whether
or not it incorporates a "smooth" curve approach. Any Verituner folks care
to chime in?

I personally believe that a melding of the aural and etd is the fastest way
to nirvana tunings.

At 09:27 AM 12/27/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>I often read about aural vs. electronic. My contention is that aural CAN BE
>the same as electronic.

Regards,

mailto:drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/