Rocking bridges

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:14:16 +0100

Welcome back Ron O !!.

Just a quick thought on this bridge rocking thing... If the bridge rocks back and
forth, no matter how small amountwise, then a consequence of this would be a
change in the pitch of all the strings... actually a kind of tremelo effect I
would think... at the frequencies that the bridge is rocking.

Frequencies.... yes that is another troublesom thought with this bridge rocking.
Its not like the bridge is stretched and has tension and inharmonicity built into
it like a piano string does.... more in another post tommorrow. Clearly tho there
are things lacking in both theories...taken alone.

Got a Turkey in the oven, family coming to dinner... too busy to get really into
it. But my mind is enjoying the process of thinking this one through.

Not boring at all really,... when we keep to the subject matter that is.

Happy Happy's !

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.