Samick Dampp-Chaser installation

Don drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 10:47:12 -0600

Hi Kevin,

They don't suggest it for upgrights either. But I assure you that .25 cent
pitch drop in a year is possible at A4 on an upright--compared to 4 to 10
cents without a back cover. The only exception is if the home has a set
back thermostat. Those drive pianos wild here, even if they are back
covered and dc equipped. I have toyed with the idea of some kind of
thermostatic control added to the dc in those conditions.

At 09:58 PM 12/24/01 -0600, you wrote:
>>Hi Kevin,
>>...I think you may be surprised at the bottom covers on Grands. The back
>>covers on uprights make a *huge* difference to the response of the systems.
>>Don Rose...
>
>Hi Don, List,
>
>I don't doubt at all the tremendous gains that can be provided by such a
>thing.  And I trust your judgement implicitly that it does perform as you
>have indicated.
>
>I just wasn't persuaded that Dampp-Chaser (DP) was recommending all
>installations be done with it as the standard thing to do now.
>
>For some Christmas traditions around the world:
><http://www.portharbor.com/santa/xsatrad.htm>
>
>Keith (not Kevin) McGavern
>Registered Piano Technician
>Oklahoma Chapter 731