Tuning hammer

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 00:17:30 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2001 6:56 PM
  Subject: Tuning hammer

  Hi list,=20
  < My wife is apprenticing with me,and I bought her the nylon tuning =
hammer from Schaff.I have the rosewood hammer >    Thanks,Hazen =
Bannister=20
  Western Carolinas Chapter=20
     =20
      Hazen,   =20
        I don't mean to be picky , but  the term hammer seems antiquated =
to me. Years ago  the back end of the head I believe was used to hammer =
tuning pins . We manipulate the pin with  a  tool  best described as a =
lever.=20
      We all understand what you mean when referring to a tuning hammer, =
and certainly using this reference is no crime.Lever just sounds more =
accurate. Just my opinion----gotta go tend to the horses and put my =
tools in the buggy  --  Grinning all the way .  Tom Driscoll