universal bass string deadness

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:49:47 EST

Dear List:
I decided years ago that installing universal bass strings on instruments was
like trying to pass a bicycle for a Cadillac. If a piano needs a wrapped bass
string, I order a new string to the old string specifications. If one breaks
on a double, I then order two new strings....and the same for a tri-chord. I
have given the customer the very best possible....Universal strings are just
that....they don't properly fit any piano without cutting the copper wrap and
then they don't produce good tone quality. Why do a half way job when you can
do the job to the best of your ability?

Tommy Black
Birmingham, Ala chapter