general poll-Hazen

Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:38:37 +0100

pianolover 88 wrote:

> Hazen,
>
> Actually, out of the nearly 70 respondants, only 17 claimed to be strictly
> aural tuners, and the VAST majority of the latter did not, at least to me,
> seem to have anything personal against EDT users. Everybody's happy!...I
> hope.
>
> Terry

Actually actually, I didnt see anyone at all who had expressed anything personal
against ETD (not EDT) users. (grin... isnt EDT some kind of drug ??) I did see a
few outraged replies to a couple harmless questions about the poll itself. Funny
how it seems that just barely raising a finger in defense of ear tunings results
in this kind of thing. Comments about feeling "superiour" and being inconsequent
relative to other technologies and the like. All topped off ( and this is the
kicker...) by comments relating to the personal nature of ones opinions.

Dont you just love the thinking processes of modern man ? For the record guys...
I am in support of the use of ETD's..... but that doesnt include support in them
becoming a crutch or replacement for the ears. As I said before, tuning, like
music, is a creative endeavor before it is anything else. Also for the record, I
polled in as an ETD user.

I'll take a double order of those deluxe supreme models Conrad.  You know... the
ones that have extra protection against gas bombs... grin.

And now... Im off to enjoy Christmas, as I hope all of you will.

Thanks once again folks for a fantastic  year.  This greater family of ours is
surely a wonderous thing to be a part of.

PS Terry, I am very happy indeed ! :)
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.