Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 21:49:09 EST

In a message dated 12/19/2001 9:41:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

> I'm not sure what you mean by the 'solenoid effect of the bridge,' but, yes,
> I'd say without bridge movement you wouldn't have much piano tone.
>
> Del

        Participants in this discussion
        I must say I have found this thread more than a little tedious. Has
any of  you ever occasioned upon a bass bridge impinged severely on one end
or the other against the plate. If you have then this should settle some of
this debate. The tone suffers seriously without bridge movement. End of
discussion!!!!!!!
         Dale Erwin--- Sorry real tired