Fallboard hinge pin

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:22:40 -0500

At 12:27 PM 12/21/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Jon, would you mind an explanation on the "fish-tail" tool used to
>remove the agraffe as you suggested here.  I hadn't heard of this
>tool yet and is it available from a tool supplier such as Schraff?
>Thanks, Gordon Holley, Goshen, IN

This tool was described a few years back on this list for removing the stud
of a broken agraffe.

You can make it out of a small screw driver.   Sharpen the blade and file a
'v' up into the blade.
The tool would look something like this:  OOOOOO===========<

The pointed ends could then be lightly tapped into the soft brass and the
stud turn out.  It is
easier than an Easy-out because there is less chance to expand the stud in
the hole.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.