Tune Pianos and Earn $5 to $15 per Day!

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:10:11 -0500

Cruising through Ebay just now & pass by this classic ad for sale:

Earn $5 to $15 per Day
We will teach you Piano Tuning, Voicing, Regulating and Repairing, quickly
by personal correspondence. New Tune-a-Phone Method. Mechanical Aids.
Diploma recognized by highest authorities.
Niles Bryant School of Piano tuning

If you want to see the real
thing:http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1497555888

I wonder what the heck the Tune-a-Phone Method is/was? Listen to a tone over
the phone? Amazingly enough, the ad shows a woman standing at an old upright
(new at that time I presume) with some kind of stethoscope-type thingee
hanging from her ears and going to some little gizmo. Perhaps that is the
Tune-a-Phone!?!?!?! Anyone ever hear of such a thing or know what it is?

That's all the fun for now. Back to work.

Terry Farrell