question about regulation (damper & quiet playing)

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 00:19:32 -0800 (PST)

I got a small clip of music I recorded on my Ricca.
There is a low A on the 4th beat that is extremely
quiet -- Is that my limit on playing quietly, or is it
hard to get most uprights or even grands to play that
quietly, or can it be regulated better?  Also, there's
some action noise near one of the notes or chords
earlier -- what's the best way to minimize or
eliminate that?  And, last of all, I purposely cut the
chord at the end very short; is there a way to
regulate dampers so that they work that quickly, but
yet don't dampen too soon when you don't want them to?