"commuting" mileage

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 06:34:38 -0500

Ever since I've been in filing taxes based on self employment, the mileage
deduction
has been calculated 80% business, 20% personal.

This flat rate has never been challenged by the IRS. Although my personal
use of the vehicle
is probably less than 20%, it's worth it not having to nit-pick the daily
odometer reading.

Jon Page