Temperament, A Tooner responds

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 19:16:20 -0600

Bill, Don, List,

Appears to me like both questions were skirted.

Were they not reasonable enough, or were they assumed a dig and you two
just have it in for one another, or Š?

Concerning Don's first question, I have always assumed Bill B. created the
expression 'Reverse Well' by reading your posts in the past, but maybe you
picked it up from somewhere else, and I overlooked that fact.  Yes / No?

As for Don's second question, I certainly don't dispute your abilities and
knowledge, Bill, but if what you have just recently said, "... most people
as well never recognize consciously that the piano is tuned differently
from the usual Š because I have remained within the bounds of error that
most people make when trying to tune ET Š", then why all the hoopla that
has been in your posts on how much better EBVT is over Equal Temperament
and the one you call Reverse Well?

Kind of mystified by these recent comments,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild