Patrick Draine/?welding vs stitching

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:02:18 -0800

Patrick,
First, it seems to make better mechanical sense, to me. Second, I don't know
of anyone who does "Stitching" in our area and none of the techs here have
ever had a plate "Stitched", to the my knowledge. I prefer to go with a
process that I know will work. Besides, "Stitching" requires some sort of
"bondo" to cover the job, in order to make the job cosmetically ok. Whereas,
with welding, filing and grinding, then primer, etc., looks better to my eye
and makes me feel like I've done the job properly. Just one of my many
quirks. <G>
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)