Bridging the cap

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:02:43 -0500

Wim..Wim,

I'm not looking at doing 5 figures to this piano..if you read my =
original post, I told this customer that if we 'do it all' to this =
piano, then we're approaching more than what the piano will ever be =
worth. That got the ball rolling..read my original post, if you still =
have it.

Again, my recommendations consist of  'must do', 'should do', and 'could =
do'..I've only run across one person so far who 'should' do, and that =
piano turned out great..very happy customer..although, those who 'must' =
do are also happy.

I try to look down the road, of another technician seeing what's been =
done and why. If I'm going to put my name on it, I want it to be as good =
as can be delivered with the funds that I'm working with.

The market that I'm in has not reached the 'restoration' phase =
yet...yes, I feel strongly that your locale has alot to do with with =
type of work..and I'll debate that point with anyone willing to do it =
with me.

sorry..didn't mean to get off-topic there..it's just that 5 years ago, I =
was told that there's very little restoration work going on in this =
area..and in the 5 years that I've been doing this, it has only gotten =
marginally better..but as long as it continues to improve, hopefully I =
am preparing my business for it. For every 5 proposals I write, there's =
1 willing to do some of the work..like I said, we're not there yet.

Phil

=20