Cracked plate

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:12:35 -0500

On Thursday, December 13, 2001, at 06:20 PM,  Mapes wrote:

> Patrick,
> =A0
> Word from another technician who went through the same thing is that=20=

> the liability insurance didn't help a bit.=A0
> He was told that If it wasn't=A0his fault, then the liability =
insurance=20
> wouldn't pay (manufacturer's liability, not the tuner's), and if it =
was=20
> his fault, due to incompetence or negligence, that he wouldn't be=20
> covered, either.
> =A0
> Todd

Hmmm,
Was it the liability insurance that's sold through the guild, or from=20
some other carrier?

I certainly can relate to your dilemma -- I pitch raised a neglected=20
Kimball spinet 200 cents just the other day, and felt pretty lucky that=20=

all the strings survived intact.
According to the metal stitcher who gave the technical, it isn't=20
necessary to remove the plate -- just lower the tension in the vicinity=20=

of the crack. He says it takes him about 2 to 3 hours, plus travel time,=20=

all at $65 per hour. Unfortunately it's a long & expensive drive from=20
Milbury, MA to your customer's piano.

Patrcik

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available