Cordier temperament

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:05:26 +0100

Hello,

We have a few tuners tuning this temperament here.

The basics of the fifths quality is the equal beating of minor third and
major third all along the temperament and going the farther possible as that
in basses (and treble) when you play that minor chord the similar speed of
the two thirds gives a special sound quality .

The tuning is done with tenths (and 17ths) , not octaves and double, you may
strive for a regular progression of 10ths and 17ths all along. (double
octaves are checked but musically, not for beats)

I've personally find that the tuners are often in the necessity to tune very
short octaves if not inversed (less than 2:1) in the treble because of too
much stretch coming if they follow too much the 17 this progression. The
basses too are to be tuned VERY short to keep the progression even (and the
3:2 5ths quality)

Beside, it is not too difficult to tune only in these intervals, and it
gives a new "hearing trick".

The sound is very impressive, but I've find it somewhat static.

Serge Cordier is working actually on a new version of his method, as he
finally admitted there are flaws in the original approach.

May be Paul Dubuisson, trained by Serge Cordier, could join the list, I will
ask him.

Regards gentlemen.

Isaac OLEG