Value of Arthur Allison piano

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:01:05 -0600

Dear List,

One of my customers has an old Arthur Allison vertical piano, ser. no.7402.
It will not hold tuning and is about 2 steps flat. It has modern strings, so
I'm guessing it was rewhatevered some time ago. The hammers are original
except for a few. The damper assembly above the hammers can be easily
removed by sliding it to the left. There is no cast iron plate, although the
wood where a plate would normally be is painted gold. The finish is fair to
good. The owner wondered if there is any kind of market out there for
selling it. I told him I did not know and would ask the list.

Please reply to me directly as I am not currently subscribed. Thanks.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com