puzzler (bellyrail angle)

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:34:47 -0500

Well then, the question arises, how would you design a "modern" piano?

Hi Stephen,

Now that was a logical explanation.  I was thinking of something
slightly different than what you suggested but now that you bring up
squares I have found it rather strange that square soundboards had a
"belly rail" that was curved and weak where the hammers passed through
to hit the strings on squares.  How could they think that such a weak
arrangement could produce good tone?  Has always been a strangement to
me.

Now that I have my pants one I am finding it harder to think on these
things. :)

Be well my friend.

		Newton