Steinway L action problem

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:01:59 EST

tomtuner@mediaone.net writes:

> My post is somewhat premature not having seen the piano yet, but perhaps
> those servicing more new Steinway's than I can direct me to some potential
> problem areas.
>     As always your collective comments appreciated.
>            Tom Driscoll RPT

Tom

Have to other techs looked at the piano yet?  I think it would be a good idea
if you also looked at the piano, and got some idea of what is wrong. Then we
can give you better advice. Is there a possibility of comparing notes with
the other techs?

Yes, the pinning would be a place to look. But with a 3 year old piano, that
might not be the problem. BTW, ask the dealer if your fee is covered by the
warrantee, or is the customer willing to pay you out of pocket to get an
unbiased opinion?

Wim