loose-pins

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:47:21 -0500

Hi Hazen. Another opinion on CA: Ditto for everything Patrick says. I =
have used it with good results a number of times.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Patrick C Poulson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 7:45 PM
  Subject: Re: loose-pins

  Hazen: I have had good results with thin CA glue.  For an upright you =
will have to lay the piano back on a tilter, then use about an entire =
bottle of glue, dribbling it in around the base of the pins until the =
glue stops going in - or you use up the bottle! Let it sit over night, =
then tune away. I have several clients with very elderly pianos for =
which this treatment has given the owners a few more years of life.  Of =
course, it doesn't do anything for the worn out action, cracked =
soundboard, and alligator hide finish.......
  Patrick Poulson, RPT
    ----- Original Message -----=20