loose-pins

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:28:29 EST

Hi list,
  I have to go to a new customer friday,with an old upright.He said he thinks
it has some loose pins.I have used the pin tightener from Schaff, also have
used over-sized pins, and have used sandpaper bushing ,as well as driving the
pins.I was looking for
maybe a new,or better idea.I have read about CA glue in the journal,and
wondered what kinda results some of you may have had with it loose tuning
pins.Also what
kind of time are you looking at before tuning,after using this method.

Thanks much,
Hazen Bannister
Western Carolinas Chapter