Piano wire quality

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:34:00 +0000

In message <163.569f064.294778d6@aol.com>, Erwinspiano@AOL.COM writes

>.Hmmmmmmmmmmmm--I wonder if it had to do with the pianos being assembled in the States

Nope they  are made in the UK and shipped manly around Europe However,
Kemble make it across the pond if I remember right 80% of production is
for export of which quite a chunk is for the US.   One piano comes off
the conveyor  belt every  15mins at full production.

> or are they? If the up string scales are as high tension as the grands  the wire in the U.S strings may not hold up as well/ Just look at the

We are only taking uprights we have forgot how to make grands in the UK
no grands have been made in the UK for 10+  years unless you count left
hand pianos and odd new  forte-piano to order.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/