restringing a Wegman

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:10:50 -0500

Greetings -

Later this week I will be appraising a Wegman upright as a possible
candidate for restringing and doubtless various other work.  I have not
seen this piano before, but I do service one Wegman upright, and am aware
that it has a very unique tuning pin design.  There would seem to be no
actual pin block, and the pins are oblong where they enter the plate?  I
must admit, the one I service does tune quite easily.

Has anyone rebuilt one of these critters?  If so, what if any problems
did you encounter in the restringing process?

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com