Grotrian

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 18:13:02 +0100

nirran wrote:

> On this Grotrian the problem is that the bolts on the
> upper part of the plate are without
>
> Any slot, or access to any nut.
>
> The piano is already without strings. By the way, it has
> some strings with three
>
> Windings in the low bass and some with very thin diameter
> before the cross section.
>

> Rani Nir

Well I called the Grotrian dealer in town today and asked
the shop technician there about this and he said he never
heard of anything like it.  Probably the best thing is to
get someone else to help you poke around as there has to be
plate screws up there, and they have to be screwable as it
were.

He suggested there might be some kind of covering cap on the
bolt heads that is there for decoration, and that you might
just have to pop those off, or that there was some wooden
covering along the whole top of that area of the plate that
needed to be removed first if you cant see them at all.

Let us know what you come up with. Take an E-picture if you
can

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.