key bushing glue experiment

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 08:31:13 -0500

At 07:14 AM 12/7/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Susan
>You are right about the viscosity. Experiment a little more. I like the
>brass cauls from Pianotek. They can be heated after installation to size and
>iron the felt as well as set the hide glue to a uniform "backing" the is
>stiffer than white glue.

I rest the brass cauls on the edge of the glue pot so they are heated when
installed.

I also use a clamping devise on the front rail to press the cauls to obtain
a better
definition to the bushing corner and mortise fit. Jpg's available.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net