Grotrian

Fri, 07 Dec 2001 00:18:50 +0100

nirran wrote:

> Richard Brekne
>

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Since 1974 I did a lot of uprights and grands rebuilding
> jobs.

Ah... sorry to have misunderstood.

> On this Grotrian the problem is that the bolts on the
> upper part of the plate are without
> Any slot, or access to any nut.

Im not sure I quite understand... are you saying that the
plate screws are ... shall we say bald ? How on earth were
they tightened then ? I will ask the fellow in town who
sells these to see if he knows anything about this kinda
thing, but perhaps someone else has run into this before ?

The piano is already without strings. By the way, it has
some strings with three windings in the low bass and some
with very thin diameter before the cross section.

Can you recommend of a very good winder in  = "Europe?

I have not found anyone yet who does consistantly top
quality work. Some of em sorta automatically take it upon
themselves to recalculate the string scale so be carefull.
This isnt always what one wants or what is best.   Mostly I
end up useing the ex Yamaha importers in Norway as we are
not part of the Europe Union thingy... so buying out of
county gets real expensive. John Delcour would be able to
help you I am sure...grin.. tho I suppose he would recommend
himself.

Sorry John... couldnt help myself. :)

If nobody else pipes in, I will see what I can find out for
you tommorrow.. its late here now.. I am off to bed

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.