piano calendars

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:44:25 EST

In a message dated 12/6/01 7:28:56 AM Central Standard Time,
kswafford@earthlink.net writes:

> If the Piano 300 exhibit at the Smithsonian showed anything, it was that
> there is interest among the general public in pianos. A piano calendar might
> be of general interest, but would be difficult to produce I suspect, because
> of the difficulty of collecting high quality photographs of interesting
> pianos. Such a project would likely be beyond what the PTG could pull off
> unless we could obtain the rights to an existing collection of photos. A
> calendar project would be very expensive because the inventory would have a
> much, much shorter life than our other products, that is, a 2002 calendar
> would not be worth anything to us in 2003.
>
> Kent Swafford

The piano pictures would not necessarily have to be of interesting or unique
pianos. They could be of ordinary, every day pianos. With that in mind, would
manufacturers be willing to contribute a high quality photo of their
instrument? If each calendar had a 12 - 14 different brands in them, not one
of the manufacturers would benefit more than an other. The PTG could sell
these, not just to members, but to book stores, etc., with the profits going
to the Foundation.

Just a thought

Wim