Lacquer on Aggraffes

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 09:10:56 +0100

Joseph Garrett wrote:

> Richard,
> Hmmmm? Now you got me thinking! It is possible that my cleaning the
> termination point, on the aggraffe(s), of lacquer, actually refined the
> termination point as well. That is entirely possible IMO. However, I tend to
> stay away from anything that might, in the remotest possibility, deter the
> sound. I wonder if Ron O has any thoughts on this. Or for that matter anyone
> else, care to weigh in on this?
> Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Well lets see.... how did you clean them at the time, or what is your usual
proceedure for doing this now ? Might be you have a nice little easy to do trick
on your hands for improving aggrafe termination short of actually reaming and
polishing (burnishing ?) the aggrafe holes. In any case, next time I run into
one of these sprayed (quick and dirty style) off plates I will try cleaning a
few out and see what happens.

btw.. loved the story about you and Del and the string of aggrafes.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.