Spraying aggraffes w/lacquer!

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 23:35:46 +0000

In message <3C0E5BA4.3C91D624@grieg.uib.no>, Richard Brekne
<Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> writes

>This one sound very curious indeed. I have seen plenty plates spray
>painted as you say... I think it looks a bit silly to gold paint the brass...
>but I have never found anything that would hint that this would wreck
>the sound of an instrument. Tho since its you Joe... I will be on the
>lookout for the next one of these I run into and see if I can confirm your
>claim.
>
>Anyone else have Joes experience ?

I hat it when folk spray  agraffes gold, as they are a pain to get clean
but have not noticed any ill effects.

I was reinstalling some   agraffes the other day  and noticed I was down
on the brass spacer washers,  phoned the two UK supply houses and both
have stopped stocking them !!!

  Have the US supply houses stopped as well if so what are you using
paper?

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/