Modal Analysis (was Negative bearing (long))

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 21:13:37 0000

On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:09:43
 Richard Brekne wrote:

>Couldnt you just run the experiment on an unloaded board, noting the reasonate
>frequencies, and then compare to what you could see of the results in the loaded
>condition... I mean true enough the plate block quite a bit of what you can
>see... some more then others... but still should be able to get an idea
>anyways... or what ?
>
>RicB

Yes, you could.  I went into this at more length in a reply to one of Del's posts.
I'm trying to think of how one could construct a test piano with a clearer view of the
soundboard.  My first thought was transparent aluminum (a la Star Trek).  However,
since I don't think it exists as yet I'm still thinking.

Phil F