A Business Question

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:22:02 EST

I want to thank everyone who responded to my query for their honest and
candid replies.  Clearly I need to look into the situation and make sure that
I am handling my business the legally correct way.

When I first started out, I separated everything out for my CPA. Since my
losses were much greater than my income in that first year of my tuning
business, I thought this might be a tax advantage for me, and I kept that
income and all those expenses in a separate file----separated from my other
income and expenses.  But nope, he just piled them all together.  I still
keep separate financial ledgers for each area of income, but before it goes
to the IRS he combines all my income, and all my deductions, too.

Seeing how others are handling their business incomes makes me wary that
perhaps I need to do this differently.

Thanks again for all the input,

Tom Sivak