Not enough dampers

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:31:35 -0800 (PST)

My sister's Hallet & Davis 1921 52" upright (used to
be my family's old piano before we got my mom's
PG-150) has 67 dampers (highest note with a damper is
D#-6).
My piano has 66 dampers (highest note with a damper is
D-6).  What I think is interesting about it is that it
has a spoon for D#6.  If the rod extends up to B6 or
C7, is it possible to get damper parts and extend the
dampers higher (up to, say, G#6, or B6?)  (I'm not
sure if there'd be room for the dampers AND the
hammers, though...)

--- Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>