Modal Analysis (was Negative bearing (long))

Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:09:43 +0100

Yep... thats about how I heard it described... sounds like a kind of modal
analysis variant to me really. I suppose then that the rest of the story is true
too then... that the patterns in the sand form only when the input frequencies
from the shaker approach soundboard resonate frequencies ? If so this would seem
to be a relative easy way to get some idea or not as to whether Wogram was
correct or not.

Couldnt you just run the experiment on an unloaded board, noting the reasonate
frequencies, and then compare to what you could see of the results in the loaded
condition... I mean true enough the plate block quite a bit of what you can
see... some more then others... but still should be able to get an idea
anyways... or what ?

RicB

--
Richard Brekne