Cleaning Brass

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 20:04:53 -0600

To All,
             Started to prepare for stringing a mouse infected Yamaha G2
today, the old strings and agraffes were a mess.   Saw an Ad on TV for a
product called "Tarn X", availiable from Wall Mart, and other leading
department stores.  It's used to clean Silverware, just dip it in, then
rinse in cold water, all tarnish removed.   Yeh right, I've seen those ads
before.

Well I thought I would try it on these gross agraffes.  Darn it works.
Soaked for approx 2 mins, clean. Rubbed lightly with 4.0 steel wool, and
the nicest clean up of agraffes to date.

OK we may be onto a good thing here, lets try some of the hardware screws,
and hinges.  I had a very pleasant suprise.  A fast and good clean up.
Same with the brass casters.

Make be helpful to some of you that are concerned with detailing.

Regards Roger