SD-10 Dampers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:16:25 -0600

Hi Joe,
             Careful now, selection of damper felt is a trade off. Use harder,
horizontal grain felt and a lot less wear, and a little more over ring.  Use
the softer vertical grain felt,  less damper swish and thump, also tighter
damping when in good condition.   I can highly recommend the Yamaha felt, but
the Larouex tricord for the wound tricords will damp better, the softer tips
will slip in between the strings faster, but wear will be a consideration.

Regards Roger