Bass strings changing scale

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 02 Dec 2001 19:57:25 -0600

>Ron,
>Thanks.  I actually saw your response to JD's post about
>15 minutes after I posted this, when I had worked from e-mail
>150 down to about e-mail 70.  But since we're on the subject,
>I believe you mentioned in that post that you use a modified
>form of the Conklin formula and then you proceeded to give
>the Conklin formula.  In what way do you modify it, or is
>that proprietary?
>
>Phil

I diced a kinetic energy formula into Conklin's formula to see what it
would do, and ended up liking it a little better. It's no big secret, but
it doesn't particularly mean anything either so I haven't made it available
to avoid being asked, or ordered, to defend it. Neither formula means
anything exact, but is just a relative indication so you can see where you
are in relation to the rest of the scale. Much like most aspects of scaling.

Ron N