Fw: virus alert

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 12:43:26 +0100

Ahhh...gimmenness... you dont cause me personally any
problems by this.... its just that spreading virus false
alarms just goes to propagate the hoax further. You gotta
expect that several people you send this to take it
seriously and then send it on to another 50 or so people..
and the hoax goes on. Which is what the hoax writer of
course wants.

Besides, it sort of cloudies the real threat of virus's dont
you think. This is no sage advice of mine Tom... I just
repeat what is said by the websites that deal with these
kind of things..... including the majors like Norton and
McAffee and the rest.

That being said... I sure have been hit with several
lately... 6 times this BadTrans worm has come in, and just
now the old SnowWhite virus popped up. Luckily Norton picks
em up and shuts em down.