Negative bearing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 01 Dec 2001 13:29:41 -0600

>Thank you for your comments.  What is the most effective means to measure
>the crown in the killer octave (string?), and what kind of crown would one
>look for there.  Since the board is being retained it is a moot point
>anyway, more for my own info.
>
>David Love

David,
I use the ubiquitous Kansas Straightedge (tm)  (string), and a flashlight.
Low tech fits in my tool case easier. The tough part is getting around the
beams with the two hands holding the string, while holding the flashlight
with your third at an angle to cast a decent shadow. Maybe that head strap
LCD light would work here strapped to a beam. I'll have to look into that
and save having to fight tape and forearm cramps. In any case, I'd sure
like to see SOME crown there, but seldom do in an old compression crowned
board. Like I said, that's the area that goes flat first.

Ron N