ETD Question

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Sat, 01 Dec 2001 12:28:54 -0600

List,

I'd like some opinions about something. The man who
owns the store where I do some work (along with his
son) is almost 80 yrs. old now and is getting
concerned about his hearing in the upper end of the
scale. Yes, he's still going strong. :-)

Anyway, because of what he's seen with me using my
SAT III, he's kind of interested in getting an ETD of
some kind. I personally think the SAT III would be a
waste of money for him because he'll never use any of
the features of it except for tuning and perhaps pitch
raising. A SAT II, or even SAT I might be a possibility.

He's never used a computer at all, so the RCT with a
laptop is also pretty much out of the question.

My question is: what about the Pocket RCT? It's small,
not tremendously expensive and he might have the
patience to learn to use this one.

Does anyone have any experience using this? Advantages?
Drawbacks? Especially as it might pertain to an older,
aural tuner.

Since I have no experience at all with the RCT or with a
Pocket PC.I told him I'd put this to the list and he's
interested in any feedback I might get, so any comments,
suggestions, etc. would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Avery