Tuning lever heads

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:27:28 EST

In a message dated 12/1/01 9:57:31 AM Central Standard Time,
cedel@supernet.com (Clyde Hollinger)
 writes:

> Somewhere along the line I picked up the idea that the shorter the tuning
> lever
> head, the better, so I am hesitant to buy a 4", 5" or 6" head, especially
> when
> I need it for only one piano.  ?

I am *hopelessly* right handed.  Even tendinitis and torn rotator cuff
disorders could not get me to learn to tune left handed.  Therefore, in the
high treble sections of grands, I have used a 6" tip now for over 20 years.
Again, I strictly avoid any pin bending.  I also use other longer tips to
clear high plate struts on some grands and verticals.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin